We'll be staying near the Bruce Peninsula and have plans to hike, swim, canoe and just plain relax. Except, we're not off to a good start. We've got the typical pre-vacation stresses such as:
- A heavy work week leading up to vacation in order to tidy up loose ends.
- Husband injuring his pinky finger at work (likely in haste to get things done)
- Cleaning, packing and loading up the vehicles.
- A grumpy eldest son, who is "wasting a week of his life" for us.
- A dog with a mysteriously swollen eye. It appeared just after an early morning walk designed to tire him out before the trip. We're pretty sure it's a bug bite and hoping it responds to Benadryl.
- Vacation knitting that didn't pan out warranting a swift change of plans. No time to cast on - my fingers are crossed that this version of yarn will work with the pattern.