- Spin the singles. Critically evaluate every inch for consistency, but fail to take a sample to check against. Tell yourself you're doing it by instinct.
- Pause in single spinning because you're sure it's going badly.
- Ply the singles. Briefly admire the resulting yarn.
- Ply the second half of the singles. Get bummed out because the second half looks different than the first half.
- Pause in plying because your sure it's not going to be any good.
- Grumpily finish the plying.
- Compare the two skeins. Marvel how remarkably similar they are.
- Put the wheel away before you drive your self crazy.
I intended to spin a DK weight, but I think the result is more of a heavy fingering. I may need to find a new pattern to work this yarn up. Still, it is moderately pretty...
However, don't expect me to start a project out of this real soon. I think I need a break from blueberry for a while. Still, anyone know of a good pattern for a plus size vest or shrug in fingering weight?