Monday, August 07, 2006

Fresh Fiber Fish fer Sale!

Yep, the pattern for the fish mittens is done and can be yours for $5. My low-tech plan for hi-tech sales is for you to send me payment through PayPal and then I will e-mail you the pattern. My e-mail address is laurie_corriveau AT hotmail DOT com (you know the drill). I've also put the addy into my side bar, for future reference. I will also accept payment through snail-mail, if necessary, and e-mail the pattern to you once the cash arrives or the check clears. Just send me an e-mail if you are interested and I will give you my mailing address.

Some points to consider:

  • I rate this pattern for the experienced knitter because of the entrelac and mitered cuff.
  • The yarn requirements is less than 100g of sock yarn.
  • The name Fiber Fish is courtesy of CeCe who has a blog by that name. Thanks Cece! for sharing your name with me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of fish will evolve from your needles.

CORRECTION
These instructions have been incorporated into all patterns mailed out as of October 15, 2006.

Top Row Squares
Pick up and knit 19 (21) stitches as for middle row squares.

Large Size
1. Knit 1 row.
2. S1K, K8, DD, K9.
3. S1P, P16, w&t. 2 stitches are unworked.
4. K6, DD, K6, w&t.
5. P12, w&t.
6. K4, DD, K4, w&t.
7. P8, w&t.
8. K2, DD, K2. Pick up wrap and pass over stitch. Turn stitch by slipping it purlways, then pass
it back to the left hand needle through the back loop. Then knit stitch together with wrap through the back loop. Stitch should look normal (not twisted) on the right needle. Continue with
remaining wrapped stitches and also knit slipped (unwrapped stitch). 13sts on needle.

Small Size
1. Knit 1 row.
2. S1K, K7, DD, K8.
3. S1P, P14, w&t. 2 stitches are unworked.
4. K5, DD, K5, w&t.
5. P10, w&t.
6. K3, DD, K3 w&t.
7. P6, w&t.

8. K1, DD, K2. Pick up wrap and pass over stitch. Turn stitch by slipping it purlways, then pass
it back to the left hand needle through the back loop. Then knit stitch together with wrap through the back loop. Stitch should look normal (not twisted) on the right needle. Continue with
remaining wrapped stitches and also knit slipped (unwrapped stitch). 11sts on needle.

Continue as written.


19 comments:

  1. So getting those mittens but we'll see how long it takes me to knit them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And uh, evidently I don't know the drill. How do I do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'd characterize myself as an intermediate knitter, but I'm still going to buy the pattern. I think I'll make these this winter. Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you consider selling your pattern to a yarn shop in Fairbanks, Alaska? I am pretty sure that the customers would be very interested!

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your fish mittens, have you published many patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first pattern for sale. My other pattern was a freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to carry the pattern at my shop in Lansing, MI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:21 pm

    I bought this pattern at a yarn shop in London and started today with some trekking XXL i just happened to have! I do have one question though, If I follow the pattern the mitered blocks are fully stockinette, in the picture they are alternating bands of garter and stockinette? Was this on purpose or is there an errata?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,

    You've got good eyes! Yes, the Trekking fish have some random purl bumps in the mitred squares. I did that because I liked the look of it. I believe that a little asymetery and randomness in a pattern is a good thing, but not everyone feels the same. When I wrote the pattern I left that out. It also simplified the instructions. If you'd like to add your own, just knit on the purl side of the mitered square taking care to purl the center stitch.

    Cheers,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:55 pm

    Oh no! I've been knitting so long, I haven't been stumped in years. But I'm up to the point with the w&ts (actually, the part posted as a correction) and I can't figure out part no. 8. Can somebody help me? I don't understand what I'm supposed to be picking up and what I'm supposed to be passing over, etc.

    Thanks! Corey in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Corey,

    You're not the first person to be confused by this part. It's my bad as a pattern writer.

    The point here is to make a flat top so that you can begin the cuff. Therefore, you will only pick up the stitches on one half of the square. The other half will be picked up when all the squares are joined together. If you read the pattern a little further, you will see that it states: "Knit one row, picking up remaining wrapped stitches, and distributing stitches evenly across all needles."

    I hope this helps.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I need to make this pattern - it's Cece - from the blog FiberFish! Can you email me the paypal dets (ceceruth at comcast dot net)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:44 pm

    Hi Laurie! What a great site! I think that it would be really helpful though if you were to make the purchase process a bit easier with the Paypal.... all you have to do is go to PayPal Merchant Services (any account can use this) and you can construct a button or link that will automatically process the payment for the user with less steps!

    Just a suggestion! : )
    Keep up the great work!

    Tina B.
    Miami, FL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to order your pattern, but don't quite know how to send you the payment through paypal. Can you email the details? mibesaam@aol.com

    Thanks,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:08 pm

    A member of my knitting guild just brought these for show-and-tell this week, and we were all drooling over them. I bet if you offered them for sale to yarn shops through Ravelry, they'd get snapped right up. :) I know the Ottawa guild loved them, and not everyone there has a computer. (*gasp!*)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:39 pm

    purchased pattern in Geulph yarn shop, have done wrap and turn but do not understand wrap and amp. need an explanation
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I finished the cuff and do not know how to continue. Do I have to pick up stitches from the cuff to make the base triangles? Or separate work which has to be sewn together
    Please help - Thank you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, use the stitches from the cuff to make the base triangles for the entrelac.

      Delete
  18. Anonymous1:44 pm

    Yay! I am going to make a pair of Dory mittens- Just keep knitting....Just keep knitting! So much fun. I've one some entrelac but not mitered squares- if I get over my head I may be back to ask for help.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete