Monday, August 14, 2006

Swap-O-Rama!

Well, I'm really enjoying the whole swap thing. I wasn't sure I would, but it's kinda exciting. Today I mailed off my Autumn Skeins swap package. I'm looking forward to my pal receiving it. I have to remind myself that I also get a surprise in the mail! And today, I signed up for two more swaps. One is for patterns and the other is for knitting books.

But my favorite is the Funky Scarf swap. I'm knitting for a great pal for whom I want to stretch my creativity because I think she'll appreciate it. I'm going to study her questionnaire for a while before I commit to any design plan. I feel like cackling while I wring my hands... bwaa ha ha!

So the other thing that is a lot of fun is tell my knitter about me. I've got a super secret pal (SSP) who has already contacted me and asked me her own questions. Sweet! So this is a bonus round for her, because I'm going to answer the official swap questions too.

LetÂ’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers? None at all.

Do you prefer any fibers over others? I like natural fibers the best.

Thinking back to ScoutÂ’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky! This scarf is ultrasuede that has been cut into leaves. It would be even cooler in a leaf color, or with some stitching on it to mimic leaf veins.

Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern? Pattern I think, though I'm very open minded.

What are your favorite colors? This is a very hard one to answer with words. But I like colors that have depth. Either deep and rich, or bright and high toned. See my art choices below.

What is your favorite piece of art? Here's a couple from the Art Renewal Center, one of mfavoritete sites.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face? Yellow, orange, tan, or kahki.

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl? Scarf.

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf? How about medium? Not too wide, and not to short.

What is the climate like where you live? I live in Canada, so a scarf could see a lot of use! When it's really cold I use a mock turtle neck that I knit from Manos to keep warm.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe?

Funkify me!

What else would you like your partner to know about you?

I'm open minded, I love art and creativity and something that shows the true soul of the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment