Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Christmas Sacrifice

If you were asked to make a gawd-awful ugly Christmas sweater for a teenager, what would you do?

London knitter Lisa decided to go all out. Her cousin asked for a sweater to help him win a contest at his school. Here's what she came up with:


As you can tell, she's not done yet, but already we have intarsia, embroidered snowflakes, snowman buttons on the tree and a fuzzy beard on Santa.  Here's the back:


Yep, that's Santa's butt coming out the back. I think the kid's a shoo-in for the contest.


10 comments:

  1. Three words: OH! MY! GAWD!
    Three more words: I WANT ONE! That is incredibly awesome in the tackiest and most festive way ever. And great workmanship, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I can not imagine putting so much time and effort into something with the intent of making it ugly. What I can't figure out is why, as soon as I saw it, I wanted one to wear. ?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lisa is a very talented knitter nonetheless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lisa is a good knitter and a great sport!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much time and workmanship invested for a joke! I would never wear it, but I love the details anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome Lisa!! I saw pieces last time...and now...well, LOOK AT IT! Fantastic. Brilliant. Here's hoping for a first place :-)

    Thanks for posting Laurie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! She gets the award for Best Cousin Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure if it is ugly or beautiful but it is tons of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Did he win the contest? All it needs now is some lights!

    ReplyDelete