Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sucess!

We've landed in some interesting times around here. Luke has started working full time with his dad for the summer, Alex was accepted into the YMCA's Summer Work Student Exchange, and I have landed myself a job. Alex leaves this Saturday, July 29 and I start my new job on Thursday, July 27.

I find Alex's situation to be the most exciting. It's such a wonderful opportunity for him and I sincerely hope he has the time of his life. He'll be living for six weeks with a host family in Otterburn Park, in Quebec, and working at La Maison amérindienne. The YMCA plans outings for the kids and their schedule is packed with fun things to do and see.

In exchange, our family will be hosting the the daughter of the family that is hosting Alex. It's a direct exchange. When we got the notice, I was all: "Yippee! It's a girl!" Her name is Cecilia and she likes fine arts. I'm hoping she likes textiles too. *wink* I'm looking forward to getting to know her, and anticipating all the fun activities that are planned for her. There's a trip to see a play at Stratford, local festivals, a camping weekend, games nights, and more.

In the mean time though, Alex and I have been busy running around town, getting him prepared for his trip. We bought some new clothes, got him some incidentals, and so on. Today, we stopped to reward ourselves with a sushi lunch. Alex had fish on the brain:


I'm just so happy for all of us. It's going to be a great summer!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to all of you! I'm so happy that things are coming together for everyone, and especially happy for you that you have found a job. I hope it turns out to be a good fit for your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So many things to be excited about! Good luck with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! Can you send some good luck vibes this way? lol! Will I see you Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete