Sunday, September 25, 2016

New Sweater Sunday

I have a new sweater! This is Argo, knit from my souvenir yarn from MacAusland's woolen mill in PEI. The three ply yarn is rustic and heavy, which required a simpler pattern when knit at a large size. I would love to see what it looks like worked up in cables though. It's not a soft yarn, but I expect long-term durability from it.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get around to the buttons, but a sweater isn't really finished until the last button is sewn on. It changes the personality of a cardigan, to be able to button it up. Actually I think of this as more of a jacket.

I performed all sorts of mods to this pattern to get a fit that was right for me. You can read the details on my Ravelry page. This is a top-down pattern, and once again, being able to try on as you go really proved invaluable to me. I had to rip back a couple of times, but it's worth it to get the fit you want.

I am almost looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear it out.

 

1 comment: