Monday, July 16, 2012

Hot stuff

Whew! Patio knitting was curbed by the heat and the rain. It's like a jungle out there now. I did push on and finish Shogun though. It bloomed like a jungle flower.


The pattern was fun because it was interesting, yet simple to remember and the color play just keeps going. Because I used a 4mm needle, instead of the recommended 5mm, I worked 4 extra repeats for a total of 14. The finished dimensions are 77x16 inches. So a little longer than the original, and not quite as wide.


The finished project weighs about 142 grams. I had two small leftover skeins of Noro sock yarn and almost one full one.


This is likely to be a gift for someone who's not afraid of color. I think it would make a lively addition to a winter wardrobe. It was refreshing to me. Now I can go back to all those boring blue knits in the queue and find them cool and wonderful again.


2 comments:

  1. That's very colorful! You kicked that out fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scarf! Smashing.

    ReplyDelete