Saturday, December 04, 2010

Cute, just as is

Some people are so ambitious!  Nadine has beautiful plans for her winter holidays. Nannette has pages of links lined up for gifty knitting. Me, I'm trying to simplify my holidays, but I'm constantly having to fight my own impulses. There's so many fun things to do!

I thought I'd have some wonderful socks to show you this weekend, but I got distracted.  So, there's this instead:


A hand spun, hand knit hat, knit up in one evening.  It's fun knitting with my handspun!  It's got it's lumps and bumps, but don't we all?  Especially in the early stages.  Like this fourteen-year-old, needs a shave and pimple cream at the same time, 6 foot tall, man-boy:

But ain't he cute?

5 comments:

  1. He's very cute and the hat looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers!! SIX feet??? That's awesome! :) I shouldn't be blog reading - I should be knitting hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very tall and cute 14 year old! Mine is 6 foot 3 1/2 inches , 22 years old and still my cute lil boy LOL.
    Wonderful hat made with your very own handspun. I hardly ever buy yarn anymore because I enjoy knitting with my handspun so much althought I do luv our Hubbert Farms yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those big blue eyes are lady killers for sure. He looks real 'cool'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, he's adorable. And that's a darn fine hat he's sporting.

    ReplyDelete