Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What Not to Knit When it's Hot

London's weather broke temperature records this weekend. It was lovely to be enjoying summer weather in October, but it certainly put a kibosh on my plans to finish up the Halycon Aran. I had no desire to sit with a pile of wool on my lap. Right now it looks more like a pile of laundry than anything else.


So I worked on a sock. Then I decided to start my next big project, the Urban Aran for Jim ala Brooklyntweed, because nothin' says lovin' like knitting chunky wool in high summer weather.


The yarn is Rowanspun Chunky, color Cardamom, and it has a fuzzy texture to it somehow.


I must say it is very soft which is great because my construction worker, former cadet instructor, tough guy, husband doesn't like his sweaters to be itchy.

I guess he's just a big softy.

8 comments:

  1. It looks soft. Well, the sweater does, anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he looks it! Quite huggable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPLORF!

    The Urban Aran will look especially nice on your sweet DH. Such a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:47 pm

    my hubby (gruffly ex-CAF) says even touching some yarn is itchy. :P too bad for him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha! The look on his face is hilarious - so not like him. Bet it didn't take much to get him to pose for ya.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking yarn - can't wait to see the final result. Brookylntweed's stuff looks amazing and Jim no doubt dapper will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Jim's really really grateful expression that you're suffering through the heat, knitting this for him. I expect he's doing all the cleaning and cooking and everything too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you cast on for another sweater already! My husband walks around saying, "Nothing's better than a hand-knit sweater!" cuz he wants me to finish up the last two seams on his. Great picture of the husband =) hehehe

    ReplyDelete