Wednesday, April 02, 2008

New Thrills

The thrill of the Shetland shawl hasn't worn off yet. I wanted to cast on another shawl right away, and the Mystic Light KAL was right there to help me out.

This is as far as the first clue takes me. It was so much fun! In the first place, I didn't look at other people's progress pictures on purpose, so I could have the fun of watching the pattern develop. Then, there was one spot where I was a bit stuck. I got quite a rush out of solving the dilemma. But the icing on the cake was the lovely, soft yarn. Every time I picked this up to knit I fell in love again. The only trouble is, now I have to wait for the next clue. I'm in lace-limbo. Fortunately, there's always a sock on the needles.

Opps! I just discovered Clue 2 today! Whee!!!!!

I had another visit from my knitting students Maddie and Anne. Anne is a working mom, so she's finding it hard get to her needles. Maddie on the other hand has taken to it like a fish to water. She finished up about 50 rows of garter stitch, so I told her it was time to learn to purl. Young students are so great, because she was all "Yeah!"

Anne and Maddie came to my house the past two nights to make sure she got the hang of it. What dedication! And it paid off. Look, stockinette:

I'm so impressed with Maddie. She was gabbing away to her mom while working a knit row and she wasn't even watching her needles. Just like a pro! Way to go Maddie!

The shirt doesn't lie, does it?

5 comments:

  1. Yay, you're a knitting teacher! Maddie's work looks great. Much better than my first attempt =)

    And another shawl, too! Spring is finding you very productive. Rock on, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:25 pm

    She is a cutie! I joined the Mystic Light KAL, but have been dealing with the issue of a stolen car and sharing a vehicle with my son, so I haven't even had the chance to start. Yours is beautiful. I'm just hoping to get my act together in time to even bother starting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to dig out the peacock shawl instructions. Your so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I failed badly trying to teach my neighbor how to knit. So I'm still the only lonely weird one with sticks in her hands all the time. I bet that's what they think (Muggles). I'm part of the KAL too, but I always like to see the pattern emerging first, before I plunge in, plus it's a time issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely queen of the shawls Laurie. This secret clue shawl is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete