I'm very pleased with it. Okay, really, I have a warm and fuzzy feeling and I can't stop smiling. He's cute!
Things I like about it:
- A real fish shape look and feel to it.
- Actually wearable.
- I made it!
- Much less entrelac! I should have swatched, but I was going for the organic feeling of creation.
- The entrelac is too poofy.
- The thumb gusset is too short. It binds at the top of the thumb.
- I should have cast on loosely to prevent the mitered squares from curling over.
- Do another in exactly the same manner, but learn from my mistakes.
- Use a scalely textured stitch in place of the entrelac.
- Knit a plain body.
- Make the tail longer and more flowing.
- Add fins on the side.
- Do a kid sized pair. It would go much faster!
- Use different colors of Trekking. This fish was made with 105, but I also have plenty of others: