Saturday, December 23, 2006

Knitter's Error

After all the Christmas work yesterday I managed to figure out the problem I was having with my sleeve. Hooray!

I read the pattern wrong. I hate it when that happens. But I'm also very happy because I was enjoying this knit and I was looking forward to creating a sweater for myself. One of my goals is to make more sweaters for me. I did have to rip back to the cuff and start again, but this gave me an opportunity to make a change to the lace, so all's well.

I bought a couple of commercial sweaters to help me with my sizing. I didn't have any sweaters that fit me. So I bought two simple designs with flattering necklines that I can also wear for the holidays. Is it just me, or do many of the store bought sweaters seem to incorporate current trends in hand-knitting? Or is this a chicken and the egg thing?

I've noticed that many people are posting about how they will be away from their blogs as they travel to their families. I wish them a safe journey and an enjoyable visit. For myself, I will be home and likely poking around on this here blog and the internet. Does anyone have any interesting links, or blogs to share? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

  1. As Christmas eve gets closer, you can track Santa via noradsanta.com. (I just checked and he's preparing to leave in 18+ hours). Also if you call the toll free number, you get a real person.

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sizing a sweater from a previously knit one works great for me. I also steal sweaters from people I'm knitting for... hee hee. Works great. It would be interesting to try to track the trends, and see who comes up with them first. My yarn shop always seems to know what's coming up next, so maybe I'll do a little survey. I'll be around reading blogs also, as Christmas will and shall always be spent at home with the kiddies. At least for another 16 years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The posts I have on my knitting site are always cool to read (including yours!). On my other site about books, you can check out those blogs, if that's of interest to you.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete