Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm on the Hunt

I'm looking for a new knitting bag. My last one was a woven basket-type market bag and the handles are coming unsewn. It did well for two years and now it's time for a new one. I've looked online and there are a few I like. One is on E-bay, EHwa Aprons:


I also liked the bags at Spunky Eclectic, especially the Metro:

and the Empire:


Alternately, I'm in contact with a local artisan to see if she could make me a custom bag. I looked at the commercial bags in the stores and they just don't have the amenities to appeal to a knitter.
I'm also going to try to have a look in my LYS to see what they have. Does anyone have a bag they'd like to recommend?

New Year's Day was pretty quiet around here. Jim came down with a cold, so we just stayed home. I decided it was time to start a new sock to ring in the new year:

I think it looks suitably fishy. The yarn is Lorna's Laces, I forget what color. I'm very much enjoying this pattern. I'd read some comments that it was complex and so I waited for a time when I was rested and wouldn't be interrupted to try it. I needn't have worried, I'm finding it a rather predictable pattern after all and very enjoyable to knit. I can't wait to get to the funky heel.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 am

    Laurie,

    Whatever bag you choose make sure there is no velcro. I have learned this the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 pm

    You might want to check out the Messenger bag from Namaste. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choosing a bag - like choosing a wallet - something you have to decide for yourself. I like the Pomatomus sock in the Lorna's Laces. Others are knitting it this month, too. I have enough on the needles for this month, but have that pattern in my 'book' of want to do items!
    Happy New Year! Hope DH is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabric of the Empire. Very bold! And I would add no zippers along with the velcro.

    ReplyDelete