Monday, August 06, 2007

Vacation's Over

It's back to work tomorrow and I'm ready. I took Dexter for many walks today so he'll be tuckered out tomorrow. Hopefully he'll just sleep and not miss me much.

I'm glad you all find Dexter as entertaining as we do. He does have so much personality in him and we're seeing more of it as he gets comfortable in our home. I've uploaded another video to YouTube for the Dexter fan club.



I finished up the knitting I wanted to get done, too. I'm now working the border on Frost Flowers and Leaves.

The blue at the bottom is some waste knitting that is going to help me graft the lace together. Following an excellent post from Ted, I first knit a few rows of lace in one yarn, then switched to a second yarn, the white, to knit the row that will be the graft. The theory is that when I reach the grafting stage, I will merely have to follow the path of the white yarn through both the shawl yarn and the waste yarn to get a perfect graft.

5 comments:

  1. The waste yarn at the beginning, I heard about, but in pattern stitch, so you only have to follow it, is a brilliant idea. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Dexter adjusts to your returning to work ok. Another milestone in his journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat idea with the waste yarn. I'll look forward to seeing pictures. And congrats on being nearly done! That is a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. god he's got a giant tongue! LOL I'm sure he will adjust just fine; keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:17 pm

    I am finding Dexter very entertaining!

    Great idea with the waste yarn. I will have to remember that when I need to graft for my current lace project I'm knitting.

    ReplyDelete