Sunday, September 16, 2007

Catch Up

I had a really busy week, and I missed my mid-week post. After all the posting at the end of the Frost Flowers and Leaves project, I just didn't have the urge. I even fell behind in my reading, but I'm caught up now.

I'm really glad I knit the Frost Flowers and Leaves shawl. I'm really glad you all liked it and I thank you for the kind comments. Now that September is here I'm feeling the call of practical knitting. It's time to knuckle down to sweaters, hats and mittens for the cold weather that's coming.

I've gotten off to a good start with the Halcyon Aran. Thanks to starting with the sleeves, my enthusiasm for this project is high. Higher than the stamina in my hands though. I find the cables tiring to knit for long periods.


Once the first repeat of the pattern is established, I read my knitting to find out what I need to do next. I find this speeds things up and helps me catch mistakes as I go. This pattern is pretty easy to read and I've made few mistakes. It's no Starmore Jo!

Now here's some other tid-bits for you.

Last summer's vacation knitting is a little whirlpool shawl that is half-way cast off now. Don't be surprised if I have another shawl to show you soon!

Did you read the Knitty article about Stitch & Pitch? If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see my two friends, Kat and Lynn! What a thrill!

If you missed the Mystery Stole mania, there's a new mystery project in town, Maia's Mystery Socks. I really wanted to make these. The pattern looks very intriguing. I tried it twice. The first was too small, the second was too large, and I don't have the yarn in the stash that is just right. It's too bad. They're looking very pretty.

Dexter is over his cold and is healthy and happy. I wanted to show you how great he looks. I'm very proud of him.

He who has the ball, has the power.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 am

    WOW - you are moving right along on the Halcyon Aran! I love those cables!
    I've finished clue 2 with the mystery sock and I'm wishing I had gone a bit smaller so the lace would stretch out a little more, but they are still pretty. I think you need to try it one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you had to point us out didn't you? LOL

    Dexter looks really good and naturally so does the knitting. I'm looking forward to the knitting group Tuesday night. . hope you'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I deal with cable fatigue in my hands is to switch back and forth, knitting a few hours of bland stockinette between spells of cabling. That sweater's going to be beautiful.

    What does Dexter think of your knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last, at LAST something about which I can feel superior! I DON'T get fatigue from knitting cables. In fact they keep me from falling asleep while working on a sweater, which is good. But I DO get eye fatigue from lacework, math fatigue from too many yarnovers (never end up with the right stitch count), confusion from complex sock patterns and sheer terror from toe-up Figure 8 cast ons. You win some, you lose some!

    (Must check out that Halcyon Aran...)

    ReplyDelete