Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Story of a Swap

Set right down there with your cup o' joe and kick back for a spell, I've a mite of a story to share.

I was hangin' out on Ravelry the other day ('cuse me for dropin' names) an' a friend of mine mentioned that she knew of a gal who was lookin' for a skein of Noro Silk Garden. Now my friend knew I've been pickin' up odd balls and sods of Noro here and there, so she brought this to my attention, hopin' I could help.

It seems that a nice knitterly lady named Elizabeth had knit herself a sweater but she couldn't finish the dang thing on account of how she ran out of yarn. Alls she needed was one more ball to finish. Now I know you can sympathize with her predicament as could I. So's I wrote Elizabeth about things such as color numbers and dye lots and such like and it turns out that I had exactly the skein she needed.

Well of course I said I'd send it to her, and she wanted to know what I'd like in return. "Send me sock yarn." says I. So she did.


Now ain't that just the prettiest danged sock yarn you ever did see? I've never heard of this yarn. It's called MadelineTosh Highland Sock, in the color Ocean. Oh yes, and Elizabeth received her skein of Noro Silk Garden today too. I just loves me a happy ending!

6 comments:

  1. Happy endings are the best - amazing how Ravelry is connecting people up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! (And her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laurie, what a return for your generosity! I must check out that yarn IMMEDIATELY.

    And I second Roggey most fervently - Ravelry is doing the most amazing things. Next stop, ruling the world (and making some SENSIBLE decisions...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what was happening with this. I just knew that you would be the body that would have what she was looking for!

    I'm so glad that it worked out for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, see? All hoarding is good. It's great to see such a happy ending, and that you got to help someone else out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stories like this. Good for you to be a knitting angel coming to someone else's rescue. Does the heart good to know there are people like you out there.

    And hurray for Ravelry too!

    ReplyDelete