Monday, June 12, 2006

Socks in Progress

Of all the things I knit, the most appreciated, requested, and used item is the humble sock.


This pair is a Father's Day gift. The pattern is out of my head. I've put a western heel on it using some solid sock yarn knit together with a reinforcement yarn. This gives it a rag look that mimics the Trekking XXL (color 102), and the Trekking's pattern is maintained over the top of the foot.

I love TrekkingXXL. This is my fourth pair and I have enough yarn for four more waiting in the stash. I love that the color is totally random, it's durable, soft, and it goes a long way.

2 comments:

  1. Fab-u-lous! I wear a size 8 & 1/2!!

    I definately want some help or clues with the thrum socks - I understand the knitting part, I don't get what it is that I'm supposed to do with the roving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just cause I get requests doesn't mean I fullfill them! :-)

    Here's where I got my information. http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/thrumfaq.html
    The only thing I would add, is that if you can't pull off a piece of roving, try moving your hands further apart. Essentially the roving is a bunch of hair, and you need to get your hands far enough apart so that you are pulling hair from the bunch and not pulling on either end of the same piece of hair. Does that make sense?

    Let me know if you need more help. It might be easier in person.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete