Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Decision is..... Knit On with Confidence!

You guys are awesome, thanks for your support and feedback on my lapghan (nice word debi). I'm going to carry on. The Noro was bought on sale, so this is a perfect place to experiment. I'm going to take the risk! Extreme knitting bay-bee!

I had fun on Friday. At lunch, I thought I'd go see about a gift for my husband and the necessary store is right next to my local yarn store. Well, the store for my husband had moved, but the yarn store was having a book sale! YES! I had so much fun picking through their offerings and I got some great bargains. I went back to work that afternoon with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.

I bought Big Girl Knits, which seems like a book I should have on my shelf (wink) and Lucy Neatby's Knitting Essentials 2. The book I loaned to a co-worker for the weekend, but I sat down to watch the DVD this afternoon. I think Lucy's done an awesome job of it. The instructions are clear, and you can see everything very easily. I found that most of the techniques I had already taught myself, but Lucy had a few tricks I hadn't seen before. I also bought three magazine back issues and six pattern leaflets, including Fiber Trends shawl patterns. The whole business was ridiculously cheap, or I wouldn't have bought so much so close to Christmas.

I've got a ton of knitting on the needles, but here's something that came off them tonight:


The Ubiquitous Fiber Trends Felted Clogs

These are for my eldest son. I ran out of yarn twice. The first was the green, which I just bought in the fall. It's Lion Brand Felting wool, so I just ran out to Micheal's to get some more. But the second time I ran out of yarn was on the navy which I picked up on sale at Walmart three years ago. So I improvised:


Since I'll be painting non-skid rug backing onto these, I don't think anyone will be the wiser. We'll let this be our little secret, m'kay?

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome :)

    A word to the wise...I live in my felted clogs. I've put caulk on the bottom of mine, same basic stuff, silicone/rubber and washable BUT if they get wet, it's like being on the slickest ice rink EVER. I actually ended up taking a header one day cause I had filled my water glass and didn't realize I had spilled...once my slippers hit that water I was flying across the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the non-skid rug backing and where might one look for such a beast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!!

    Glad you joined the ring too

    ReplyDelete