Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Buh-bye Winter

I am ready to say so long to winter. Here are my spring socks on old winter snow:

Pattern: Birch Leaf Lace Socks, by Nancy Bush, in A Gathering of Lace
Yarn: St. Ives Sunbeam
Needles: 2.25 mm

The pattern is sized for a ladies medium and I have a large sized foot which is why I went up one needle size. Also, I substituted a wedge heel for the band heel in the patterned which gave me the width I needed across the top of the foot.

We've been having warm temperatures in London Ontario, and today it should get up to 13°. There's been a significant amount of melting going on.

I love these socks. I'm so happy I finally have a pair for myself.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 pm

    Oooh, I love those socks. And, the color is delish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your socks! Love the lace. But my socks for the Spring are WILD compared to yours. You must be conservative. Oh wait ... that sounds political and I didn't mean it that way. I mean your colorway is for work and not the kind of workplace I'm in ... which is a University... Geeksville! But I'm a Geek, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:30 pm

    Great socks!! I loved the weather today! It was awesome! Aren't you glad you have March Break off?!?!? We took today off and had some fun at the park! How long does it take you to whip off some socks? 5 minutes? 10? You rock! In fact, you rock right down to your socks! Okay, I'm leaving now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! I like that color. Have you bought "Favorite Socks" yet? Got my copy today and thought of you with your penchant for pretty socks. The book is well worth having even if you have a collection of IK going back to the first issue. Several new socks in it and it's so nice to have them all in one place :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful socks! Love the heel treatment.

    13º is warm? Is that in Celcius?

    It's 81ºF where I am right now. Now THAT's warm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LaurieM- Great socks! I just got a snarky comment on my blog and thought of you fondly (Nice how that worked out, isn't it?! I am being sincere - please take it that way!) I've been meaning to tell you forever that I completely agreed with what you said over at Wendy's about shawls and risks. Not exactly a walk on the wild side, is it?

    Hope that you are well. I'll try to make my way over here more often to see what you're knitting - it all looks great.

    xox, J

    ReplyDelete