I'm having a hard time coming up with a family-friendly title for this post. I'm slightly damp from having just washed my car, and our garden and lawn are all squishy wet from the spring rain we had yesterday. Any title with wet, damp, or moist in it seems like a bad idea.
Today was sunny and warm. I left for work with the furnace turned off and the windows slightly open to let in some air. But the change in the weather certainly makes one think about a change in the knitting projects. I think the spring weather was partly responsible for this little item:
It's fun, it's funky, and I'm glad it's done. I had to push myself to finish up the final sewing. I think it shows, because somehow it doesn't seem to lie quite right. I think my set-in sleeves are off. A minor error on such tiny sleeves makes a big difference. Given that babies are wiggly and cute, I don't think anyone will notice. I did put in a nice tubular sewn cast-off for the neck band that should be soft against the wee one's neck.
I've also decided it's high time I finish up this project:
I've finished the armhole shaping, so now it's only the neck shaping to do. It was a little confusing for a while there because the neck decreases every third row and the arm hole decreases every other row. Plus, you are supposed to do the arm hole decreases 10 times and the neck decreases 24 times.
I'd put this project aside a few times wanting to savor it. In the beginning, I was avid for it and was worried I'd get it done too fast. But then, after the first repeat, I started to get bored. Fickle female I am. But the cool weather is almost gone, so it's time to "git-along little doggie"! I'm going to invest some serious knitting time into this.
Oh yes, and the sock progresses: