Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Use Your Imagination

I'm having a hard time coming up with a family-friendly title for this post. I'm slightly damp from having just washed my car, and our garden and lawn are all squishy wet from the spring rain we had yesterday. Any title with wet, damp, or moist in it seems like a bad idea.

Today was sunny and warm. I left for work with the furnace turned off and the windows slightly open to let in some air. But the change in the weather certainly makes one think about a change in the knitting projects. I think the spring weather was partly responsible for this little item:

It's fun, it's funky, and I'm glad it's done. I had to push myself to finish up the final sewing. I think it shows, because somehow it doesn't seem to lie quite right. I think my set-in sleeves are off. A minor error on such tiny sleeves makes a big difference. Given that babies are wiggly and cute, I don't think anyone will notice. I did put in a nice tubular sewn cast-off for the neck band that should be soft against the wee one's neck.

I've also decided it's high time I finish up this project:

I've finished the armhole shaping, so now it's only the neck shaping to do. It was a little confusing for a while there because the neck decreases every third row and the arm hole decreases every other row. Plus, you are supposed to do the arm hole decreases 10 times and the neck decreases 24 times.

I'd put this project aside a few times wanting to savor it. In the beginning, I was avid for it and was worried I'd get it done too fast. But then, after the first repeat, I started to get bored. Fickle female I am. But the cool weather is almost gone, so it's time to "git-along little doggie"! I'm going to invest some serious knitting time into this.


Oh yes, and the sock progresses:

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 pm

    Cute sweater, just found your blog. I'm in London too. I was at Needles & Pins today & she's got lots of new stuff, but the Noro, if you are waiting for it like me, has not arrived yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the Starmore designs that I would truly love to make someday. The colors are gorgeous and the patterning is sophisticated. It's going to be lovely when you have it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the way the colors came out in the baby sweater. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://issueswithknitting.blogspot.com/2007/03/use-your-imagination.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:50 pm

    The baby sweater is cute and the sock is lovely, but the stranded sweater is STUNNING! I am definitely getting a bug for a stranded sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby sweater is sweet ... and the sock is yummy ... but that stranded sweater is going to be "to-die-for" gorgeous. I love stranded sweaters and I'm ready to do one soon. (even in nice weather) Just got the needles in the mail. Hope it looks as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You knit some amazing things! The Oregon sweater is one of my "fantasy" knits--if I ever get really confident at stranded knitting, and have a reason to celebrate (milestone birthday?) I'll splurge on the kit. It's just SO beautiful...

    Now to go through your archive a bit and learn about that sock pattern! It too is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that sock is awesome. i have to admit that i usually am too lazy to work cables on socks, even though i like the way they look. go figure . . .

    and the sweater, well—just don't keep saying that you left the windows open cuz you may come home some day and fond that sweater gone; it's a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sweater is Gorgeous! And I'm loving those socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... that sweater in progress looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete