Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally, a Finished Object


Pattern: Gentleman's Sock for Evening Wear by Nancy Bush in Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: St. Ives Sunbeam and Knitpicks Essential
Needles: 2mm

I've finally figured out why I didn't enjoy knitting these socks. It was after I'd finished knitting the first Birch Leaf Lace sock and I picked this one up again, I realized that the gauge was too tight for this yarn. It made the lace difficult to execute and the fabric is slightly stiff. I'm sure they will wear well, but I prefer this yarn knit on 2.25 mm needles.

My husband picked this pattern and he's happy with the results. Jim is a construction worker, he installs siding for a living, but he likes bubble baths and lace socks. You just gotta love a confident man.

7 comments:

  1. That is great! I wish Roger were a little more adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, Dave only wants stockinette in muted colors....I think he is destined for a little more wildness in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors ... and the feet look very good next to the beautiful tulips. I need to take a look at that book again - I think I didn't give the patterns enough credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Jim. I can't get my husband to move away from the greys, blues, and blacks, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried to get my husband to wear lace socks. But he refuses to wear socks knit out of yarn that is more than one color. Makes for very boring knitting.
    BTW the socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, bubble baths... Oh, anyway, great socks! =) My husband loves that I knit for him. Such a sweet, caring, took-time-cuz-I-like-ya thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours! I wonder if I could wear those. I dunno. Hafta think about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete