Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally, a Finished Object


Pattern: Gentleman's Sock for Evening Wear by Nancy Bush in Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: St. Ives Sunbeam and Knitpicks Essential
Needles: 2mm

I've finally figured out why I didn't enjoy knitting these socks. It was after I'd finished knitting the first Birch Leaf Lace sock and I picked this one up again, I realized that the gauge was too tight for this yarn. It made the lace difficult to execute and the fabric is slightly stiff. I'm sure they will wear well, but I prefer this yarn knit on 2.25 mm needles.

My husband picked this pattern and he's happy with the results. Jim is a construction worker, he installs siding for a living, but he likes bubble baths and lace socks. You just gotta love a confident man.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:07 am

    That is great! I wish Roger were a little more adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 am

    So far, Dave only wants stockinette in muted colors....I think he is destined for a little more wildness in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors ... and the feet look very good next to the beautiful tulips. I need to take a look at that book again - I think I didn't give the patterns enough credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Jim. I can't get my husband to move away from the greys, blues, and blacks, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, bubble baths... Oh, anyway, great socks! =) My husband loves that I knit for him. Such a sweet, caring, took-time-cuz-I-like-ya thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours! I wonder if I could wear those. I dunno. Hafta think about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete