Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Waiting...

I've got the week off next week. It's March Break and I'm the designated parent to stay home with the boys. I had happy visions of wild creations flying off my needles while my children enjoyed quality time with me learning to cook and sew on buttons. (My 10-year-old son said to me last week, "Mom, these pants need to go in the garbage." I checked out what he was wearing which looked newish to me. "Why?", I asked. "Because the button fell off." he replied. "My son," I said solemnly, "it is time you learned to sew.") But then I realized how much I have on the needles: three pairs of socks and two sweaters. There are also some "retired" pieces that I keep intending to get to some time a shawl and a sweater.

I'd love to finish some of these things, but I'd also love to get jiggy with my knitting. I'm thinking of fantastical fish and stuffed toys and lace. Not all at once of course! So this week, I decided I'd dedicate myself to finishing off some of my projects. And this is why I have no pictures for you, because it's just more of the same these days.

I've finished one sleeve of the crazy Noro shrug. It's going to be too small to be called a sweater by any body's criteria. I don't think I like the colors. They aren't ME. But that's okay. Maybe it wants to be a gift. Anyway, I'm on the second sleeve. Whoop. I've also turned the heel on Jim's lacy sock. It looks just like the first, only not done.

I am expecting some exciting things in the mail before March Break. I ordered some books and yarn. Hey, my kids will be getting some video games to play with, and I wanted some toys too. So now I'm just waiting for my fun to begin....

Are we there yet?

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I hope you have fun with the kids, and good luck with your projects! Personally, I absolutely love Noro yarn. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like playtime, to me. And the perfect way to spend March break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 am

    We aren't going to take a March break this year. The girls get a day off each week to have a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa, so we work through March break, and some of Christmas break too. Of course, because we do this, we're done by the end of May :) I am a warm weather chick for sure! We do reminder lessons in the summer, for those who might be concerned!:) Have fun on your week off. Teach that boy to sew! He'll appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete